This programme initial came into enjoy in April 2001 and is intended to support cultural and training exchanges amongst HK and people nations who take component on a bi-lateral foundation.
Contributors in the Hong Kong Working Holiday Plan are not permitted to interact in long lasting work and ought to not perform for the very same employer for much more than six months (for members from the Republic of Korea) or three months (for contributors from Australia, Canada, Germany, Eire, Japan and New Zealand) for the duration of their pay a visit to in the HKSAR.
fastlanehr.hk from Australia, Canada, Germany, Japan, the Republic of Korea and New Zealand may also enrol in study or training program(s) in the course of their time beneath the programme.
The Scheme permits young folks (among 18 and 30) to make an software for a Doing work Holiday Visa for Hong Kong which allows them to continue being in the HKSAR for a maximum trip period of a single calendar year. For the duration of their continue to be, the Working Vacation Visa holder can consider up brief expression function for a time period of less than three months with any 1 employer and can research for a fixed duration.
The custom of the Scheme operates to permit a lengthened vacation variety expertise of doing work, dwelling and also, the opportunity of researching in HK for an unqualified optimum interval of 1 12 months but the Plan should not be considered as an alternative choice to a work visa.
Extensions outside the house the twelve months are not accessible and an applicant may only obtain a single Operating Vacation Visa in the course of the life of the Scheme.
The all round goal of the Scheme is to supply a valuable opportunity for youthful men and women to broaden their horizons and the programme is matter to a maximum quota of visas to be issued every calendar year.
Australia (once-a-year quota = 5000)
Canada (once-a-year quota = two hundred)
Germany (once-a-year quota = 150)
Ireland (once-a-year quota = one hundred)
Japan (yearly quota = 250)
South Korea (annual quota = 200)
New Zealand (annual quota = four hundred)
Purposes are chosen on a 1st-come-first-served basis. Processing of purposes requires about three weeks.
Situations for effective application contain:
* You must hold a legitimate countrywide passport issued by the taking part country and be ordinarily residing in that participating nation.
* Your principal intention is to holiday in Hong Kong.
* You have to be aged in between 18 and 30.
* You have to be ready to show fiscal evidence of having sufficient funds to maintain by yourself in the course of the keep in Hong Kong. (e.g. financial institution assertion, conserving accounts passbooks, and the like).
* You should have a return air ticket or fiscal evidence of having sufficient money to buy 1 house.
* You must keep medical and extensive hospitalisation and legal responsibility insurance coverage to include your time in the HKSAR.
* The approach is by way of immediate software in Hong Kong through a nearby agent or direct to the HKID via mail.
* Purposes can also be submitted by way of the network of Chinese diplomatic and consular missions in the collaborating international locations.